Glenmore Park Public School

Learning Forever, Growing Together

Telephone02 4733 6204

Parents, carers and the community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Parent Consultative Group (PCG)

Working together to support our school

Our Parent Consultative Group (PCG) is made up of parents, carers, and community members who are interested in supporting their local primary school. PCGs play an important role in the life of a school, providing support and resources to teachers and students.

PCGs engage in a variety of activities to support the school:

  • Fundraising: PCGs often raise money to support school programs and activities. This could include things like buying new equipment, funding field trips, or providing scholarships for students.
  • Volunteering: PCG members can volunteer their time to help out at the school. This could include things like helping out in the classroom, running school events, or providing administrative support.
  • Advocating: PCGs can advocate for the needs of the school to the school administration and the Department of Education. This could include things like requesting new programs, advocating for better facilities, or raising awareness of important issues.

If you are interested in getting involved with your local PCG, please contact the school office.

Click here to view the Glenmore Park Public School PCG Facebook page.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – an advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.